Saturday, September 13, 2014

Stay Tuned for More…

It’s been a while since I’ve blogged…. well… anything. I’m not sure why. Just busy I guess…. and to be honest, there’s so much I’d like to say, but it’s hard to figure out just what will be a good topic to discuss and what not. You know I like to write things that really make me think… things that (I hope) will make others think. So, with that, I think I’ve found something to discuss a point of view and hopefully it will make you think too…

As of late, I’ve seen a lot of talk about worship over social media. Whether on Facebook or Twitter or blogs or online articles. Everyone I’ve seen tries to explain why worship in churches is changing or declining, or Why people should use one style of worship verses another, or why people don’t sing anymore or Why you should or shouldn’t do music that is “too churchy” versus only good, deep theological songs, or should you allow children in worship or not?…. and the list goes on and on and on…

While, I enjoy reading the various opinions and views of those who write these posts, I try not to engage with them too much. You’d think as one in the worship leading line of work, I would enjoy or even welcome the exchange of thought. But usually I just try to remain quiet on it all. I find that too many opinions seem to bog us down as people… Then it all becomes camps… If you believe this, then you’ll be in this camp. But if you believe this, then you have to be in this camp… And well… It just all gets old real quick for me.

Well, I guess you can say, I feel like I’ve remained silent long enough. So, I thought I would throw my voice out there with the masses. And maybe you won’t agree or you see things a different way, and I suppose you’re entitled to that. I mean, if we can’t have a little healthy discourse, then we’ll never grow as people. I will do my best to share with you my view and limited understanding of this grand subject… And while I can’t promise I will have all the answers wrapped up in pretty bows, I will share with you the best I can what I’ve learned, what I see, and what I understand from God’s Word about this thing we call worship…

So,  Stay tuned for more…


J.

No comments: